Kim's Weight Loss

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Like a Fish!




Today was great throwback workout. Swimming is my sport. It's not very convenient but I love it. I swam 30 laps in 30 minutes, about 1/2 of a mile. Then I kept moving for another 30 minutes doing leg lifts, crunches, push ups, and lunges all in the water. The great part about that is you don't feel the fatigue until you get out of the water.
1hr. pool workout
sweat rinsed off
had fun




I brought the boys along for the first time. They have an indoor water park with lap lanes too. They played great. While I was standing doing exercises the lifeguard was blowing the whistle. Noah had climbed up on the safety wall, which I know now is against the rules. He managed to get up on it twice before the whistle got his attention. Since they blow the whistle about every 30 seconds it was an honest mistake. The lifeguard got all red in the face and was screaming from across the pool, and this wasn't even her area. She was being ridiculous. Later she even pulled Noah out of the pool and was screaming at him for the earlier offense. Well my mama bear instincts kicked in. She assumed he was without a parent, even though I was standing there playing with Jadon. I try to give the benefit of the doubt but I think she thought that I couldn't be Noah's mom and Jadon's mom because of the different race. This made me really mad. So I said excuse me, is there a problem. That's my son. She said he keeps getting up on the safety wall and going down the slide the wrong way. I told her that this was our first time at the pool and she could tell him the rules in a calmer way. She just huffed off. Apparently she realized I could take her down but preferred not to in my fancy black skirted swim attire. So I took my complaints to the front desk. Micah pointed out that she was probably just tired of the screaming crazy splashing kids. But I pointed out then she shouldn't be a lifeguard. Anyway we'll go back but I'll be keeping an eye on her.

No comments: