Kim's Weight Loss

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oatmeal


I think for about 3 months now most mornings I have a protein bar. Welllll I've had enough of protein bars and need some variety. At support group I learned about protein powder. I never though I would buy one of those big jugs of powder that body builders live on. But I did it this week. The first night I tried the chocolate thinking it would kick my nightly snack attack. I made the mistake of mixing it with water instead of milk and it tasted like gritty watered down Yoohoo. So I dumped it out and thought I tried it with milk and ice in the blender next time. But I also got vanilla and added it to my oatmeal this am. It made my oatmeal power oatmeal and it actually tasted good. I never thought I'd get excited about oatmeal, so I guess I am changing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you do the fruit thing? I always add raisins, berries, apricots or nuts to oatmeal. It was a staple during my pregnancy. Also, you might want to experiment with brands because some are definitely better (texture, taste, etc.) than others.

JP and I used to joke about the "Muscle Milk" powder that was always in the window of the local GNC. Then we realized a close family friend used it; now JP doesn't make fun any more!

KG