Kim's Weight Loss

Monday, August 25, 2008

Find of my LIFE!!!


I know already emailed some of you about this...but I still can't believe it and must tell more people. I went shopping at my favorite (though dirty and unorganized at times) store. It's called Weekend Grandview Outlet. I refer to it as the Target Outlet. It basically gets shipments of returned or off season items from other discount stores. I see mostly Target, Wal mart, Kmart brands. But there is also furniture from Bloomingdales. And half of it is taken up by boxed laminate flooring


So I went on Friday...needed some stuff I'd seen there before and there is always something I can buy. As I was leaving I noticed some items just thrown in carts by the registers. I saw something Star Wars at the bottom. I dug it out and saw it was a lego set for 16yr. and older. So I put it back knowing that Micah loves star wars but no way would he have the patience for this. Then I thought it's never too late to buy for Christmas, I'll get it for Kevin's nephew who is older and would have the patience for this. I asked the manager is this for sale she said yes I just haven't priced it yet. I said how much, she said $29.99. So I bought it. When I got home I was curious how much it was worth. I figured around 79.99. I looked it up online and it retails for $499.99!!!!!!!!!! It's the biggest lego set ever over 5,000 pieces Ultimate Collectors Series Millennium Falcon. It was at the outlet because of a tear in the box.


It's listed on Ebay if anyone is interested!!! I'll let you know how much it goes for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Kevin is the find of your life -- but this might come in as a close second! Right, Kev?!

KG

kimeorr said...

But he costs more then $29.99-kim