Kim's Weight Loss

Saturday, August 9, 2008

A minor complication....


I was late getting home yesterday because I spend an extra long time at the Dr. Appartently my port is flipped. The nurse had to stick me several times and finally found the center after a lot of digging around. It didn't hurt too bad since she sticks on my incision line where it's numb, but the sound of the needle scratching the outside of the port was blood curdiling. And I had to keep my stomach muscle(yes muscle, no six pack just a couple 2 liters) flexed to make it easier. Anyway it's tilted down and toward my left foot. Not totally flipped over, but if it keeps moving around and I keep needing adjustments it'll have to be repaired. She said as I loose weight it'll get easier to find since they'll be less fat tissue on top. She said it probably happens with activity and the muscle it's sewn too, firming etc. I often get stiches around it when I do yoga twists etc and I had a bad one last week which is when it probably turned. Anyway I'm not too worried about it....since it's not painful just annoying.

No comments: