Kim's Weight Loss

Friday, September 19, 2008

Checking In...


It's been a while since I've written. Though I don't really have a topic to talk about thought I'd update on several issues.


Noah's arm is healing. He had his follow up appt. today with the orthopedist. Kevin took him, he said it's stiff still. But to just take it easy and it'll work itself back to normal. So we just have to keep an eye on him.


I started my antidepressants again. This week reminds me of the side effects that I don't like. It makes me really sleepy and I feel checked out. I know those symptoms will wear off so I just have to put up with them for a few weeks. I made an appointment with the psychiatrist to talk about changing my medication. It takes forever to get in, it's in November. Good thing I'm not having a crisis. Then I made an appointment(in oct.) with the psychologist that did my pre-surgery evaluation. I really liked him, so I'm going to switch to him. He asked how the weight loss was going. I told him great, but I wanted to check in with him, to talk about the non-food issues.


I lost another 2 lbs this week. It feels really good. I'm almost surprised that this is still working. I think 40lbs. is the most I've ever lost on a diet. So I guess I'm just expecting to plateau about now. In the past this would make me give up on the diet. I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't just any other diet. This is really about changing my life. And thankfully the band won't let me give up.


My body is really starting to change, some bones are getting close to the surface in my upper chest. My clavicles may show again soon!!! I took my measurements yesterday I wish I would have done that sooner, because I know I've lost lots of inches. But at least I can keep track from now on. The toning routine is getting to be a little too much. I'm up to 25 reps and it takes a long time. I think I'll scale it down to every other day. Or just do it on the days that I don't do yoga. Since it's the best toning routine around.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

On your toning - if you have a heavier weight you can use it and go back to less reps.

Cyndi said...

You're doing great, Kim! I wish I had your work-out ethic. I start, do it for a few days, then quit. So, keep up the good work!