Kim's Weight Loss

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Noah plus tree equals ER

My little Noah has been climbing trees since he was 2...he's quite agile and has managed until today to avoid injury. We had our 50ft. pine tree cut down because it was dead and the branches were brittle. I was afraid someone would fall and get hurt. But Noah found another tree at Momadu and Allisane's house. They all came running to get me saying Noah "crunched his arm" Noah was sobbing. So we headed to the ER after I quickly noticed his elbow was swelling and Noah was in real pain. He cried all the way to the hospital he said I "can't stand the pressure." The xray(not the one attached) shows a lot of blood and tissue swelling at the elbow joint. The Dr. said there is no obvious fracture but the swelling indicates there is probably at least a crack in the elbow joint itself or the where the radius enters the joint. So they splinted it and we'll have to wait until Monday to see an Orthopedic dr. to get it casted. It is his right arm so we'll have to see how school goes, etc. He's fine now...propped up on my side of the bed eating chicken nuggets. I figured a trip to the ER warrented some chicken nuggets. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: