Kim's Weight Loss

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Perfect Storm


That was the weirdest weather I have ever been in. The wind kind of reminded me of Oklahoma dust storms, minus the big red cloud. We were one of the lucky ones in Cincinnati only lost power for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon. But 90% of Cincinnati was without power. My work closed early yesterday, work the am without power. The boys had no school yesterday and it is cancelled again today. Made me realize how spoiled we are. I was upset because I didn't have Internet access. I really rely on it. I needed to call a few places and I had thrown out all my phonebooks in the last cleaning frenzy because I just look things up online. I also missed updating my blog and checking for comments. Glad to be online again...and expect everything else to be back to normal soon. The picture is of the house in Mt. Heatlhy where a woman was killed by her tree. We were so thankful that we had cut down that old pine tree!


On another note...I stopped taking my antidepressants about 2 months ago. I wanted a break to see if my exercise routine, weight loss had restarted my own serotonin production. I was tired of the side effects, loss of libido, the numbing of emotion, etc. I was doing great for a while but the last 2 weeks I noticed my temper was shortening, starting to have sleep issues, losing motivation. This weekend I didn't want to exercise and wanted to sleep more. So all that said I decided I need the medication. I started it back up now while I still feel level headed and could make a good decision about it. Maybe I'll give it a try another time.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good decision on the meds. I agree it was the weirdest storm I've ever witnessed!!! See you tonight.