Kim's Weight Loss

Monday, September 8, 2008

Elephant in the Room


Went to support group tonight. Every time I go I learn something new about the band and food. So that's good. Got some new ideas of things to add to my diet that is band friendly and high in protein. Chili, canned salmon, a great recipe for a crust less cheesecake. We had a pot luck. It it really interesting to watch people at these events around food. The big bosses are there, the nurses, the drs. Everyone is really hesitant. We went around the room and talked about our "go to" food and the food we miss the most. I have to tell you I miss pizza the most and I do rarely eat it, cause it makes me sick. But most people said ice cream. And that is a food that is really easy to go down, but not good for you. Most of the people in the room are or were food addicts. And no one admitted that they still eat ice cream. Up until about May I was still eating ice cream. Sometimes once a day. Now I've gotten down to less than once a week. We don't keep it in the house, so it's only when we go out. Holding in the truth I think just leads to shame. So I'm saying it. I eat ice cream and I plan on still eating it even while I lose weight. I think if I deny myself I'll just eat everything else I can get my hands on. I know I will because I've done it on other diets. Now, that said I'm not going to sabotage the band and eat it everyday, so I'm using some will power. But this isn't a diet...I'm changing my life style so ice cream will be rare but there is no benefit to being dishonest about being perfect all the time. OK enough of that.




I did get a slight fill .3cc. I'm up to 11.8 now. I have great restriction during the day but can eat too much in the evening. Last night I was able to eat a chili dog with the bun. So I'm learning if I can eat bread that's a red flag that I'm not adjusted properly. Hopefully I can eat during the day tomorrow. I was down 4lb. by their scale in two weeks so I'm right on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have scanned most of your blog and I want to thank you for sharing of yourself and including us (me) in your journey. It was nice talking to you the other day, even though I know you wanted to talk to Maesky. I apologize for not having been there in the early part of your process. I am empowered by your strength (in more ways that one). I am also intrigued by the yoga thing. It has always seemed so difficult and like a VERY foreign language. Keep on keeping on!
Si se puede!--Dalisa