Kim's Weight Loss

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting Stronger


I did my first back bend in about 30 years today in Yoga!!! I think the extra toning exercises I'm doing at night are starting to really strengthen my arms and core. I'm a little discouraged about not losing this last week. But I know this is a long haul and a slow week here and there is OK. The overall goal will still be reached, just have to keep striving. In the chat room for my surgeons office the patients often talk about scale victories and non-scale victories. (For the longest time I had no idea what they were talking about because they said SV and NSV, I finally asked.) So when the scale isn't moving as fast as I'd like, I'm going to focus on the non-scale victories. So today my NSV is a yoga back bend. That's lifting nearly 294.5 pounds up with most of the weight on my shoulders!! So I'm proud of myself for not giving up on exercise and eating right most of the time. Monday I have support group and I'll see the Dr. too, I think I need a fill. I've been able to eat too much in the evening and a little bread which shouldn't be happening when I'm properly filled. I was trying to just use will power because if I'm at the right spot in the evening I'm afraid it'll be harder to eat in at breakfast and lunch(because it losens up as day goes on due to water retention etc. But I need to let the band work for me, so it's probably time for a slight fill. I also have been avoiding it because my port is tilted and it's not quite as painless as it used to be to get a fill. Thanks for reading, talk later.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You looked awesome Tuesday night in your work clothes. That has to feel great!!! I know from experience that it's still a long road ahead so savor those NSV's and keep making better choices. I'm hoping to get off the lazy train this week and hit the "Y" after a long sabbatical.