Kim's Weight Loss

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Encouraged!!!

Met with the surgeon, he said I should be gaining weight. He gave me two choices, either lock myself in the closet and drink water or accept the fact that I'm going to gain weight until they fill the band. I choose the later. He said it's actually a great sign that I have my appetite back because that shows that my internal swelling has gone down. So I'm going to be filled in 2 weeks and every 2 weeks after that until they find my "sweet spot" , where I'll lose just the right amount and feel full after small meals.

He also offered me a job. Said to bring my resume next visit, if I was interested in part time or even as needed for vacations etc. So I'm going to do that. I have the same days off most weeks and that would be a good support for this process, as most of the employees have a band.

Anyway feeling better.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow!!! How cool is it that you get a lap band and a job offer. It really does make sense that you're gaining weight because you went so long without eating before and after your surgery. I'm glad you're feeling encouraged. It's nice that your surgeon has a lap band so that he can empathize with your struggles. I'm always in search of an overweight doctor who won't judge me.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to you to swing a job offer - that personality just shines through:) But truly, you would be very compassionate and kind to those going through the same struggles - I think that is an amazing ministry - one that many don't recognize! Keep up the great work - your my inspiration to work towards taking it off!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was from Allie - above - it cut me off!