Kim's Weight Loss

Monday, March 17, 2008

Dreams

In my dreams, I am a runner. No I'm not running from someone. Just running for exercise. I'm really good at it and I don't even get winded. I really do think that is a dream. I don't aspire to be a runner. I'm more of a treadmill walker, or that elliptical machine, I love that. I don't really like the thought of exercising, or doing it, just really like it to be done. But because I'm committed to this weight loss. And even more, not having to follow up with any cosmetic surgery. I have to exercise. So I started today...just walked for 30 min. on my lunch break at work. It worked I got winded. When I came in asked my boss if he wanted to go get some lunch. He asked if I was OK? Since I was panting, that was a good observation. I said no I'm good, I meant to do that. He remembered my love of swimming and suggested I take that up again....that's kind of hard to do on the lunch break, in winter. So for now, I'm just going to walk, maybe I'll join the YMCA or swim this summer. But you really can't give too many excuses why you can't just walk down the road for 30 min. 6 days a week. So I did for one day. I'm glad that's over....tomorrow I'll try again.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yay Kim!!! You're right about there not being any excuse to not walk down the street for 30 minutes. It's so easy. I think I convince myself and let the world tell me that walking isn't enough but I think it's way better than what I'm doing now - nothing!!!