Kim's Weight Loss

Monday, February 18, 2008

Week 1

Begining Tuesday Febuary 12, 2008 I started eating only slimfast in preperation for surgery. My doctors said it would shock my body and shrink my liver. But because I watch Big Medicine on Discovery Heatlh, I know that there's more to it. If my liver is down in the way for surgery it may get knicked which bloodies the field and complicates the surgery and my recover. When I told a co-worker this she gasped as if I should be afraid of this surgery. But her nor many other people have looked at me and told me I should be afraid to walk around at this weight. That is was dangerous, that I was at risk for many health complications. So my rule now is you aren't allowed to tell me your fears for my surgery unless you ever told me your fears for my health. AND you aren't allowed to tell me I'm getting to thin....unless you ever told me I was getting too fat.

Down 9lbs.

2 comments:

bren said...

WOW and YEAH!

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that we never told you our fears for your weight because I honestly just saw a beautiful, fun-loving person. Any fears expressed for the surgery are purely that - fears for someone we care about undergoing surgery. I am proud to call you my friend - not matter what size - just don't think we weren't caring about your size, it's just my bet that many of us just see the person you are! Love ya! Allie