Kim's Weight Loss

Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 3 post op

Feeling better every day. Today just sore but gas pains are awful. I remember them from my gall bladder surgery, I guess from pumping up the whole abdomen with air so they can see what they are doing. So the gas has settled in my right shoulder, back and neck. Moving around seems to help. I still have no appetite just drinking a lot. Have had yogurt smoothies, and pudding. My band isn't full, but it definitely feels different going down. Like a little 3 oz pudding was like a buffet. Not sure if that's just post surgery or my new small pouch. Though I'm not hungry I look forward to more variety. One more day home and then back to work on Wednesday. I haven't put a bra on yet and based on where the incisions are I have a feeling that will be my biggest issue on Wednesday. But I might get fired if I go bra less...don't want to scare the children or have them want to regress to breastfeeding. So I'll just have to work it out.

Everyone has been really supportive, my friends are bringing in meals this week, church next week. My Columbus friends sent me flowers and my boss called to check on me. Thanks everyone. Boys are fine. Kevin gets tired of being single parent, but he made it through the weekend and the boys are all in school this week. Micah asked me how long it's going to take for me to get skinny. I told him I'll just be less fat, maybe they would start to notice in a couple months!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just checking in ~ Thanks for keeping this updated! I've been praying, so glad to hear it went well! Love ya!
Allie