Kim's Weight Loss

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pre-OP

Just met with Anesthsia and Surgeon to make sure all is a go for Friday. Everyone was happy for me and excited because I was the first successful appeal that they have done in house. They hired a new lawyer recently just to do appeals and I was her first case. Everyone keeps asking are you excited? Yes I am but very nervous. I don't think about the actual procedure but how this is going to change my relationship with food. People who don't have food issues don't really get it. Kevin asked how the slimfast was going and I said fine, I'm not physically hungry but I'm emotionaly hungry. He's said what does that mean. He doesn't get that part. Eating because your bored or anxious or sad or happy. Once my uncle Ron took me to Ruth Chris steak house. I took a bite of the chocolate mouse and actually cried because it was so good. Last night I was watching Survivor and my mouth started watering because of the clams they were choking down. So maybe that was physical hunger, but I know the emotional hunger is going to be an issue. So my surgery is 830 am this Friday, I have to arrive at 730am and should be on my way home by 1130am. Four hours to change my life. So I'm divorcing food, we can still be friends and see eachother just no love affair.

No comments: