Kim's Weight Loss

Friday, February 22, 2008

Op day

Survived the weather made it to surgical hospital in plenty of time. No traffic this am, just rain and the roads had been prepped well. I slept most of the day. Feel like I have a bad hangover. Dry mouth, foggy, headache. And I must of been in a bar fight but don't remember a thing. Surgery staff were well oiled, lots of people and attention and then I fell asleep. After I mumbled that what I was allergic too, I was off to la la lap band land. I have 4 incisions low above my waist and one up high to the left of my breast bone. I think that's my port because it seems to be biggest and sorest. I also had a hiatal hernia that they repaired while they were in there. I had been waking up with a choking, coughing feeling in the last few months. I had thought it was sleep apnea, but had a clear study. So they think it may have been reflux causing the problem, so maybe that problem will be solved too. I've held down clear fluids today, took the pain med once and some Advil. They put a motion sickness patch behind my ear, I think it's causing some dry mouth, and woozy feeling. I'll take it off tomorrow, in case it's the reason for no nausea. Tomorrow I can have full liquids, pudding, soup, yogurt. I do that for a week. Then slowly advance from really soft foods, to moist regular foods for 2 weeks. He said mostly that's no tough meat, steak, salad and raw vegetables. Ironically what sounds good is a Black and Blue steak salad from O'Charleys. But that can wait. Dr. Mobley called tonight said to call him with any swallowing problems or pain along with the usual post surgery adverse symptoms, fever, bleeding, etc. They pre dosed me with antinausea, antibiotics and pain meds, which has kept me symptom free. I told the anesthesiologist my favorite joke that I had toothpaste for breakfast he chuckled. And I also told the surgeon I drank 30 ounces with my pill this am instead of 30cc, which is 1 ounce. He told me I was dreaming. I go back in 2 weeks for a follow up and then in another 2 weeks to fill my band. OK that's enough for now.

Day 10 slimfast, clear liquids.
Down 12.5 pounds to 318.5!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's obvious they didn't remove your sense of humor. M

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive that you blogged on your surgery day! I'm glad you're doing well.