Kim's Weight Loss

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolved


OK...we're going to say the holidays are officially over. I've had a hard time staying on my food plan since October. I essentially haven't lost any weight and by this am's weigh in I've gained a little. But I'm trying to force myself not to worry about it and just move on. Some of my struggle has been just all the temptation and some of it has just been my usual pattern of diet failure. The good news is...now that I have the band I can't give up all the way.
I just reviewed my goals from July 4th...and they have not been met. But I still have time to catch up. I would like to be down 75lbs. by my band anniversary 2/22/09. And down 100lbs. by my birthday 6/7/2009. I think that's going to be difficult but I'm not going to give up.

Some things I think I can do to kick start my weight loss again is work out almost everyday. So my goal for January is 27 out of 31, that's one day off a week for those days I just run out of time. I'm going to plan to be perfect with my eating every other day. To help with that I'm going to up my water intake, only eat out while working one day a week and pack the other days. Only eat while seated. If you make that rule that cut outs a bite here and there while cooking or passing the back counter at work, or cleaning off the boys plates. I'm resolved to try this at least for January while a lot of people go on a diet. If I get back in the weight loss zone it Will motivate me to keep striving.

I measure myself today and had stayed the same..so I know my poor eating habits have cancelled out my exercise benefits.

I'm not going to move my weight loss ticker but the scale this am said 288, so that's up 9 lbs. in 2 months. I think half of that is water because of new years eve salt and some wine and not drinking all my water yesterday. So I think it'll come off fast. I'm going to set Thursday as my weigh in update day so all do a blog update weekly. I've put the scale away until then, but hope I'll be 280 by next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WEll hopefully 2009 will be a success in the weight loss dept for me too. I've put on 35lbs since the cruise and hate my body. I did get a Wii Fit for Christmas so I'm hoping that motivates me to get my but in gear. My problem is, which I'm sure you can relate to, I am an emotional eater. Happy or Sad! School was hard on me emotionally and finacially so I ate to solve those problems. Good Luck in the rest of your journey...I can't wait to see you succeed. To celebrate we should go on another cruise!!!

Heidi