Kim's Weight Loss

Monday, December 1, 2008

Monthy Measurements




I've had a rough month when it comes to weight loss so we are going to celebrate the non-scale victories this update. I'm still at 279 but expect a big move to be coming. Since Halloween I allowed sugar back into my life and I can't break the cycle. I think when I eat something sweet it just spikes my blood sugar and when it comes back down I need more. In general I think I'm eating the same amounts just not always of the right foods. And I don't always stay full for 4 hours which has been easy in the past. I've had less motivation with the exercise also only did 17 out of my 23 for this month goal. But on to the positives.


I still lost inches 1 in hips, .5 in waist, 3 in my chest!!!, 1 in calf's and 1 in thighs. For a grand total of 8.5 this month. I was wearing a 4x-26/28 top now I can wear an 1x, or 14/16. I am snugly in size 20 jeans and comfortably in 22's.
Exercise..I could barely tie my shoes now I can stand on my hands and my head in yoga. I've been easily doing 90min athletic yoga workouts and looking forward to them. I took my friend Ron on Thanksgiving and he was sweating buckets by the end and he runs 6 miles at a time and is in the shape of his life.
Mental Health...I've been doing biweekly counseling sessions which are helping me deal with the non-food issues of this weight loss. I started a new antidepressant today that I hope will give me more motivation and energy instead of the numbness I felt on the old one. I've successfully weaned off of Lexapro that I've taken for almost 3 years, without any melt downs yet.

I can finally see a major difference in my before and after pictures.

My Dr. gave me a little fill and a lot of encouragement last week. Reminding me that I will need more support through January since food is all around. I'm back to every two week appts. for now.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Please count the non-scale victories because even though you weigh 30 pounds more than I do, you are wearing smaller sizes especially on top!!! I knew when I saw that picture. That's awesome.